header-photo

First Day of School!

Jamie is in first grade! Our little girl is growing up.  She got the early schedule this year and that means we wake up by 6:30.  Jamie is not a morning person (neither am I) so I'm a bit scared.  The excitement of the first day made it easy to get up and ready and to the bus stop 10 minutes early. All the buses have pictures in the window so the kids can tell which one is theirs. Jamie's has a big blue "Y" in it. I'm not sure what it stands for but...maybe I'll ask one of my brothers. Anyway, when Nathan and I went to pick Jamie up at the bus stop in the afternoon, she wasn't on the bus! Panic! Where is my baby!!?? I quickly calmed down and called the school. The secretary informed me that a lot of students get on the wrong buses, especially on the first day. They tracked her down when she made it back to school after riding the "giraffe" bus around some unknown nieghborhood. So, she caught the later "Y" bus back to our bus stop. She must be growing up because she was not even a little bit upset after the whole ordeal.

1 comments:

eedwards said...

What does the "Y" stand for? ha ha
My grand-daughter, in first grade, to a new school, was on the right bus, but Mom was running to the bus and got there to find no daughter. Frantic phone calls ensued, but she quickly found the child with another mother in a car. Panic!