header-photo

Kitchen Remodel and More!

On November 20th the Davis family got all packed up and squeezed into the truck for a trip to Roosevelt! Mom had some projects for Dave and Thanksgiving was just around the corner.

Mom’s first project was the Kitchen... well part of the kitchen anyway, the rest comes later. This is me in the process of tearing out the crumby old pantry. It was to be replaced by the new fridge (which just happened to come in real handy for Thanksgiving as we had the new fridge and the old one too).

Next was the replacement of the 33 year old range that was... well, disgusting!
This is mom trying to scrape off the years and years of accumulated dust and muck, quite a chore I might add.



Aside from the kitchen project there were many little side jobs too. This is just one of them; some new shelves in the coat closet.

Another project that I was able to help mom with was a bit of a remodel job in her bedroom closet which came just in the nick of time! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the shelf in there... the old one was literally falling off the wall from the weight of everything piled up on it. I gutted it and added a couple of new shelves. That made a world of difference.

It was wonderful to be able to do all these things for Mom and Dad and share my talents. It was even better to see how happy it made Mom to have a new fridge and range and have all these little things fixed even if Dad would cringe every time I started ripping out another wall or pounding on something or other.
Dave

2 comments:

Shimmyshimmy said...

Awesome job Dave!! you are saving the world one shelve at a time!

Shel said...

Great job Dave. I remember the summers that I would go out and would help Aunt Lou with this or that. I believe I was responsible for the original installation of 2 ceiling fans along with gathering the whole gang to help at Grandma's house! Keep up the good work!

Shelli