header-photo

Veteran's Day

I'm so grateful for this amazing country we live in! Last week we were all able to vote for our leaders. We have a say in how our government is run. There are so many who have sacrificed so much for this and other freedoms we enjoy and often take for granted. I think of all those who have died in defending our country. I think of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children who have lost loved ones. I really appreciate the two members of my family who serve so faithfully and willingly today. Jared has sacrificed so much of his time, has had to be away from his family so often. Sarah has taken care of her family on her own so many times. I especially appreciate my Dave. It is so hard to be separated from him when he has to go away even for a short time. But I am so proud of him and what a great job he does and the service he renders to this country. He is my hero! God bless the USA!
-Laura

4 comments:

Seamons Family said...

Thank you Laura for your wonderful message. It really makes me feel good when someone says a thank you to those who serve in the military. I get a little teary eyed when I read it. I feel the same way and need to express my feelings about it more. You are a good example to me. Thank you Dave for all that you do to serve our great country. It is true what the fowarded e-mails we get say about a soilder, airman, whatever you are. You are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, if needed, for the people of the wonderful USA.

Seamons Family said...

oops. I meant soldier not soilder.

Julie Garrett said...

I still get emotional when I remember when Dave came home from the Middle East. I am so proud of him and of my country. Dave, you a truly a great American.

Shimmyshimmy said...

Happy Veterans day!! I love my family and my country!
~ames