header-photo

...proud...

I have always felt a strong feeling of patriotism for my country for it is my country just as it is yours. I think my dad passed this on to me, he has always been a patriot. There are many that feel such gratitude and honor to be an American.

We all show our patriotism in different ways. It is shown by the old woman that struggles to leave her home to exercise her right to vote, it is shown by the young scouts waking up early to raise American flags, it is shown by the man striving to live the laws of the land while providing for his family, it is shown by the soldier who never sees combat but works everyday to support those who do, it is shown by the wife of a deployed soldier struggling to keep her family going on her own and it is shown by that soldier who has paid the last and ultimate sacrifice and will never come home.

I know that most of us will never be required to sacrifice our own life to protect our freedoms and the lives of the ones we love but I also know that many would give their life to do so if it came down to it. I love my country, I love the freedoms I enjoy and have fought to keep.

I am proud to serve my country in the military, I am proud to know so many patriots, so many which love their country and show it in so many ways. I will always stand up next to you to defend my country and the freedoms that come at so high a price, that of blood. Many have paid that price, many more will pay that price and all who truely love their God, their religion, and freedom, their peace, their wives, and their children are willing to pay that price! May God grant that we never be asked to pay it and may He bless the families of those who already have.


I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.
Dave

2 comments:

Jana Perkins said...

Saying "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough to those who have served in the Armed Forces. Because there is no other word, thank you Dave. Thank you.

Nate said...

Wow Dave. That is an awesome piece of writing. Thanks for being a good example to those around you and for representing our country so well.